Youth Savings Accounts

It's never too early to learn about money.
  • Build saving habits at an early age
  • Savings may grow tax-free
  • Introduce teens to checking accounts
  • Teach young people how to manage money

It's like anything else. The earlier they start, the faster they'll learn.

These days, many children can use a computer soon after they start walking. They play on sports teams before they're in grade school. So it makes sense to introduce them to something as important as money management when they're young and eager to learn. Our youth accounts give kids great hands-on experience now and also build good financial habits that will last a lifetime.

Sprouting Savers (up to 12 years)1

It's never too early to start saving

  • Open account for just $5
  • Savings may grow completely tax-free
  • An adult will ultimately be responsible for managing the account
  • Money will become available to the child when they turn 18 or 21
  • Custodial account under the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA)*


Ca$h Commanders (ages 13-17)

Teach your teens grown-up financial tools

  • Open savings account for just $5
  • Allow teens to manage their own money (requires parent or guardian to jointly sign for account)
  • Free Visa® debit card to pay for transactions
  • Use technology to manage funds within Online Banking or, download the free Mobile App

Still Have Questions?

Yes, similar to the way that FDIC insurance protects bank customers' deposits, the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration) protects credit union member deposits up to $250,000 for each individual depositor. For additional information about NCUA's share insurance, visit

Yes, Regulation D (Reg D) is a federal regulation that limits transactions from Savings and/or Money Market accounts to 6 transactions per month. 

Our routing number is 255074111.

You will need two forms of state-issued identification, including one primary form such as a state-issued ID, Passport, and/or Military ID. The second form of identification can be a Social Security card, Student ID, Birth Certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Auto Insurance Card, and/or a Credit Card. If your state-issued identification does not have your current physical address, you will need to show proof of current address with another form of identification, such as current utility bill or current bank or mortgage statement.

You must retain a minimum of $5 in your base share savings account. 

 You may visit any of our branch locations to complete the necessary paperwork. You may visit our  IRA page under the "Savings" section of this website for an IRA beneficiary form

We award ten $2,000 college scholarships and ten $500 Summer Camp Awards annually.  Applications for these programs are typically accepted in the first quarter of each year.